Texas plumbing questions. How to repair plumbing leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Flex Seal isn't for use on pipes under pressure. I can't even imagine the future damage that could result in. :(

What Does Flex Seal Spray Not Work On?

We do not recommend using Flex Seal on foam. Some foams may react poorly with Flex Seal, and may warp or dissolve. We also do not recommend using it in situations where it is subjected to high heat or pressure (such as engine radiators) or gas tanks. We do not recommend the use of Flex Seal spray on vinyl. Always test before use.

LOL, I was being sarcastic...

John

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
We do not recommend using Flex Seal on foam
I beg to differ.

flex seal.jpg

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Flex Seal isn't for use on pipes under pressure. I can't even imagine the future damage that could result in. :(

What Does Flex Seal Spray Not Work On?

We do not recommend using Flex Seal on foam. Some foams may react poorly with Flex Seal, and may warp or dissolve. We also do not recommend using it in situations where it is subjected to high heat or pressure (such as engine radiators) or gas tanks. We do not recommend the use of Flex Seal spray on vinyl. Always test before use.

Terry..... I actually laughed out loud when I saw your public announcement post.......
that you had to actually explain this to people..... duh....... :D:D:D:p

I would guess that MAYBE flex seal might stop a minor drain leak on pvc or
a copper drain line, but it certainly will not repair a pressurized water line..... duh......

so why not try gorilla tape on water lines and see how long it holds??

I like the flex seal car.... but someone might drown in it and try to sue someone
for coming up with the idea...

I guess some day someone might try to sue you on this DIY site if they somehow hurt themselves taking
advice they might see here.......

You know that a public Disclaimer is probably a wise thing to do in these squirrely times....

Mathew_Stok

Reaction score
Hey, I own a two-floor commercial building in Toronto. A week ago, one of my staff found a leak in the toilet. As the public is using it, I had a rush to call a plumber. He checked and told me to change the whole pipe connections on the ground floor where the toilet was situated. I was shocked and confused. It will be expensive, and the building offices need to be closed for a few days. So I thought of approaching a commercial plumbing service for a second opinion. One of the representatives came for a check, and he told me that the leak was because of the flapper and that this could be replaced. And within one day, the flapper was replaced, and the complete service was not that expensive. So always seek another opinion. I thought of sharing this after reading @LucasRutherford experience with a plumber.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Hey, I own a two-floor commercial building in Toronto. A week ago, one of my staff found a leak in the toilet. As the public is using it, I had a rush to call a plumber. He checked and told me to change the whole pipe connections on the ground floor where the toilet was situated. I was shocked and confused. It will be expensive, and the building offices need to be closed for a few days. So I thought of approaching a commercial plumbing service for a second opinion. One of the representatives came for a check, and he told me that the leak was because of the flapper and that this could be replaced. And within one day, the flapper was replaced, and the complete service was not that expensive. So always seek another opinion. I thought of sharing this after reading @LucasRutherford experience with a plumber.

The only plumbers that I know that are honest are me and Terry Love....

You need to give that s.o.b that tried to screw you real good a bad review on Google and also
you also need to give the honest man a 5 star review on google too...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometimes you will have a customer with hearing problems. Most of the time, not so bad, but with good hearing you would hear water running in walls, and go looking to see why things got noisy. My mother, would sometimes wind up with $2,000 water bills for that reason. So this one did find out that there was a problem and called a plumber who saw the mess they were now in. I guess it was a good thing it was in the basement.

water-heater-flooded-basement-tsonov-01.jpg

If the water was warm enough, I could go swimming.

water-heater-flooded-basement-tsonov-02.jpg

Pretty cool flooded basement.

water-heater-flooded-basement-tsonov-03.jpg

If this was on the West Coast, there water heater would have been earthquake strapped.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Or sometimes there will be a flash flood, like for this condo where the water heaters are in the basement. Again no earthquake strapping so the tanks are every which way.

wh-flash-flood.jpg

Johnpery

Reaction score
In my opinion, the best way to address plumbing leaks is by reaching out to Capital Plumbing and Heating. Their exceptional workmanship and expertise make them the ideal choice for leak repairs. By contacting Capital Plumbing and Heating, you can trust that your best plumbing in Edmonton issues will be handled with utmost care and professionalism. Their experienced team will effectively identify the source of the leak, provide efficient repairs, and ensure long-lasting solutions. Don't hesitate to call Capital Plumbing and Heating for their excellent services and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your plumbing problems are in capable hands.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
In my opinion, the best way to address plumbing leaks is by reaching out to Capital Plumbing and Heating. Their exceptional workmanship and expertise make them the ideal choice for leak repairs. By contacting Capital Plumbing and Heating, you can trust that your best plumbing in Edmonton issues will be handled with utmost care and professionalism. Their experienced team will effectively identify the source of the leak, provide efficient repairs, and ensure long-lasting solutions. Don't hesitate to call Capital Plumbing and Heating for their excellent services and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your plumbing problems are in capable hands.

And now, back to the show!!!!!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hey folks, dealing with plumbing problems in Texas? Been there! For leaks, Sharkbites are a lifesaver – super easy to use. PEX is solid for repairs, flexible and durable. Main shutoff usually near the water meter. Well questions? Drop 'em here. Water heater acting up? We got your back. As for pipe cutters, a ratcheting PVC cutter works wonders for split pipes. Check the links for more deets and fire away with your plumbing dilemmas.
Yep.. that's what this entire plumbing forum has been for.. asking plumbing questions and getting solid answers from a wide variety of folks who generally know how to solve just about everything. But not just for Texans and not just by Californians... everyone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks