Test Plug for DWV PVC Hub

Users who are viewing this thread

Dohc

Reaction score
I can find many different types of test plugs for DWV PVC pipe, but I am not able to locate a plug for the hub part of a PVC pipe fitting. Do they make such a thing? The plug would have to be about 2.375 inch diameter (outside diameter of a PVC 2" trade size pipe) to fit inside the PVC fitting's hub.

Sioux Chief has a Test Titan I have used before but it fit somewhat lose in the hub of a PVC fitting...
882-series---mechanical-test-plug---testtitan.pdf (siouxchief.com)

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yep. Used to use these when I didn't want to glue in a stub out in order to use an insert trap adapter.
Nice. Is the OD on the yellow plastic part the same or less than the OD of a hub? If so, that would be nice for leaving in while drywall goes up.

Cheers, Wayne

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nice. Is the OD on the yellow plastic part the same or less than the OD of a hub? If so, that would be nice for leaving in while drywall goes up.

Cheers, Wayne

I believe the disk is the same or close enough diameter as the hub so that it can never fall into the hub. Its from my past commercial work when plumbing for wall hung sinks which had the least amount of room between the wall and the tailpiece and ram bits weren't a thing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks