Terrible lime/scale clogging

Users who are viewing this thread

rugbug61

Reaction score
Our water system in town is dreadfully saturated with lime/scale, I have replaced every faucet in the house several times and can not beat the clog ups at the faucets. Purchasing a softener isn't an option at the moment, so that being said, I'm trying to find an older style faucet with the larger valves where loose scale will pass through without clogging up as easily. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
Have you tried removing the aerator?

Tally Wacher

Reaction score
Have you tried adding an anti-scale system, like the one from aqua-pure? You might want to get your water tested as the aqua-pure system can only handle so much.

rugbug61

Reaction score
I'm trying not to spend too much on it, what I'd like to do is find a kitchen faucet with valve that will open up enough to allow the small scale particles to pass through

johnmeto

Reaction score
The acids in vinegar naturally break down limescale and rust and allow your shower heads to work like new again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks