Temptrol fluctuates on newly replace spindle

Users who are viewing this thread

Nothingjk

Reaction score
I was attempting to replace the beat up old (20 years old at least) handle and cover to my Tempetrol and in doing so snapped the end of the stem off because it was rusted solid into the old handle.

At this point I called a professional and he looked at it and said he's never seen anything like this before, he had sent a picture to his boss and who also didn't know how to repair it and they would need to replace the whole shower. I insisted they could just replace the spindle, and he said he didn't know how to so I paid the consultation fee begrudgingly and he left.

I ended up attempting the fix on my own. I got a new spindle and replaced it on my own.

It worked well for a short while, (a week or two) but now I'm getting cold and hot water fluctuations, usually with a soft Thunk or Thump noise.

Can someone give me some advise on how to tackle this problem?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks