Temptrol Bathtub leaky Spout

Users who are viewing this thread

HelpwouldBnice

Reaction score
Hello, I am having trouble with my Symmons Temptrol bath system. When the shower is switched on a lot of water will come out (steady thick stream) of the spout continuously (this is not the normal drip or stream you're normally supposed to experience). To make it more clearer it's coming OUT of the spout, NOT leaking around the back or anything. I replaced the diverter thinking it was that easy fix, yet the problem still persists. I don’t know if it could be the valve seats (aka hot and cold seats) or what? Any input or thoughts would be great, thank you!

This is the system I have to help if needed. Here

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think the diverter is the problem. Make sure you replaced it with the correct diverter spindle. I would take it out and lube it up real good and then reinsert it and see if it will work. You may have gotten a bad spindle and should try another.

HelpwouldBnice

Reaction score
It's the same spindle and looks like it's in perfect condition. I did lube up around the O-ring, but do you think it should drain/leak out of the spout THAT much just because it wasn't lubed around the whole spindle?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks