Tempress II valve runs hot in off position

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by harkdh, Apr 5, 2021.

1. harkdh

harkdh New Member

I have a Tempress II pressure balance valve in my shower that does NOT leak in places it shouldn't. When I shut it all the way off the other day hot water continued to run slowly. I then have to slightly turn it back on for it to be completely off. I took it apart and rotated the cold water stop one tooth counter clockwise to compensate, but at that location cold water still runs in the off position. I just want to be sure a Grohe replacement cartridge will fix this problem. I read in a review there are other gaskets inside the valve housing that are not included with the cartridge that wear and cause issues. Has anyone else had this unique problem and able to solve it?

Thanks

2. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. harkdh

harkdh New Member

Thanks Marlinman, but the question remains, should a cartridge fix this issue... is it possible to purchase a new one and find it's not the cartridge at all?

5. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

There are no other seals in the valve body. The cartridge controls off/on function and pressure balancing.

6. harkdh

harkdh New Member

Thanks. I did open it took a look inside... just the three gaskets that come with the new valve like you said. Problem solved!