Temporary water supply line to sink

Users who are viewing this thread

951Michael

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a unique situation. I will be putting in a temporary sink and need to run water to it. Inside I have access to a threaded connection that accepts standard garden hoses. I was planning on just using this connection and purchases a very durable garden hose for this. Will that work? Anything better I can do?

Thanks,
Mike

Reach4

Reaction score
How temporary?

Will you be drinking the water?

Only cold?

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can tell you that you are taking a very large risk of a potentially very expensive accident by using a garden hose for that purpose.
I have personally witnessed several failures of hoses used for exactly the purpose you describe. They always seem to wait until
3 AM to burst, to maximize the damage.

Instead, I would suggest using a series of SS-braided washing machine supply hoses. They can be chained together using short
brass nipples that have male hose threads on each end. Usually hand-tightening the hose ends is all that is required.
Available at any harware store/home center. At the sink location, you would use an adapter nipple to suit whatever your sink faucet/supply lines require.

I can also tell you, from personal experience, that those "industrial" rubber hoses are likely to impart a heavy chemical/rubbery taste and odor to the water they deliver. If you look at the bottom of the ad you posted, you'll see that they are not intended for potable water use.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Instead, I would suggest using a series of SS-braided washing machine supply hoses.
That would be very expensive.

Everybody can like Terry's suggestion of using a roll of PEX. Just watch the bend radius. Heck, with that, you should be able to drink the water also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks