temporary power pole

Users who are viewing this thread

toolguy504

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
I am putting up a temporary power pole and I would like to know if the conduit going from the meter pan up to the weather head has to be rigid metal conduit or can it be rigid EMT conduit or Schedule 40 conduit. Also does it mater if the weather head is metal or Schedule 40. Thank you.
Earl

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
I would check with your local Power company, they may and usually have their own request along with following the NEC and any state amendments....

BrianJohn

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Not sure if your utility has any special requirements, but in our area temporary services use SEC* cable and plastic weather heads. IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY as the saying goes.......................

*service Entrance Cable.

Brownizs

In the Trades
Reaction score
All that I have seen, are wired as if it was on the house (Weatherhead, Meterhead, Main Breaker Outdoor panel, and either 3-conductor #1 or #2, or Conduit depending on the regulations in the area.

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
If I was doing the job I would just use SEU, but it really depends on where you live and what is acceptable...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks