Good morning!

Here's my setup:
- Drilled well, 200 feet
- Submersible pump hung at 180 feet
- Metal casing from the top to 40 feet
- No sleeve after 40 feet
- Produce 4 GPM of water
- Static water is 8 feet

I shocked my well with chlorine for my annual disinfection, and then I flushed the chlorine from the well this way:

1) I run the water from the garden hose for 40 minutes (5 GPM).
2) I let the well recover for one hour.
3) I repeated this process for +/- 10 hours

During the middle of the day, I measured the level of water to make sure I don't empty the well, and I noticed a layer of mud at +/- 20 feet with my tape measure.

Few minutes later, and repeated the measuring process to notice that the layer of mud was at +/- 30 feet.

Finally, fee minutes later, I was able to measure up to the pump, 180 feet from the top, without any resistance.

My question is the following: What could cause this layer of mud in the metal casing ? Could it be the effect of using intensively the pump that makes the water percolate up to the top, bringing at the same time the silt present in the water when I shock the well ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks