Tempering domestic water from wood heated tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Commonground

Reaction score
I hope this is the right forum for my question:

I heat my water with a wood stove just installed this year. The stove is located on the first floor, the 180 l tank just above it on the second floor. The water gets too hot for safe use at the taps. The winter has not started yet and I already have had 75C at the taps.

I would like to know my options to avoid being scalded: tempering valve, mixing valve, temperature limiting valve at the point of use, one lever faucet, etc.

I have 3 taps: a one lever faucet each at the kitchen sink and at the tub and a 2 handle faucet at the bathroom basin.

The latter is where the problem is more acute as it is very difficult to adjust, especially because of the long run of pipe between the tank and the tap.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
They make mixing/tempering valves both for POU and at the tank. Why not also sink some of the surplus heat to heat part of the home? You could put in radiant floor heat or a radiator.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks