Temperature extremely difficult to control - single handle laundry faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Spotopolis

Reaction score
I have a Kohler Mistos laundry faucet that is nearly impossible to find a temperature that isn't scalding or freezing. There is a tiny range of adjustment that provides a useable temperature and I waste a ton of water fiddling with the handle, and then I don't dare turn it off or even lower the pressure since it will instantly go too hot or cold.

Is this possibly a defective valve, or would taking it apart and cleaning do anything to fix this issue? There doesn't seem to be any adjustment on the valve. There are no leaks and the faucet works great other than the super finicky adjustment.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think when the water is on the water backfeeds into the other pipe , I had old shower valves do that some sort of mini check valves would probebly help it but I dont really know the proper fix . I see Marlin man has a suggestion, and BTW kohler should provide the part free of charge I belive

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks