Tekmar 356 has no display

Users who are viewing this thread

MrWojo

Reaction score
I have a outdoor wood boiler through a heat ex changer into my indoor NG boiler out to my radiant floors. My question is my Tekmar 356 has no display and nothing is working. could this be bad 24v xformer input or is it a bad controller? What can I do to test to ensure the controller is bad prior to spending 300 on a new controller? I am a disabled vet on a very fixed income so any advice I can get that might save me a few bucks would be fantastic. Thank you in advance.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Far left side termial strip has a installer switch try moving it. When powering up does control number pop up if not display is bad. One year warrantee 24 months from born on data.

MrWojo

Reaction score
Far left side termial strip has a installer switch try moving it. When powering up does control number pop up if not display is bad. One year warrantee 24 months from born on data.
I have no display at all and it does nothing. Unfortunately it is past its warrentee and I can find no place local to get a new one. I cannot get one shipped to be here sooner than Feb 8. I was told about an internal fuse which would make sense but my controller is riveted together . There isnt usually a core charge with this is there. I am ready to crack the case open and try and fix it but dont want to cause issues with a core charge. I cant figure out why a sealed case if not a core charge

MrWojo

Reaction score
ok so I am an idiot. Had I actually removed the controller i would have seen the screws on the back and not even questioned if it was sealed. lol After opening it and seeing no visible indication of a failure am I safe to assume I need a new 356 controller?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks