Tekmar 256

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul Jones

Reaction score
I am going to buy a tekmar 256 outdoor reset control. I have a question on wiring from the 7 terminal on the tekmar 256 to the R wire on thermostat. I have 4 zones wired to a sr504 taco switching relay. Should I wire all 4 red wires to the 7 terminal?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Don't touch taco control wiring. Taco control can be wired two ways just heating and heating with dhw priority. Heating only #5 termials in series with a T wire from taco control. 7 to 9 can eithe r be jumped or add a 5 amp 24vac relay spst n.o. relay w to c from thermostat, contacts wired across tekmar 7 to 9. If system is using dhw take picture of boiler wiring diagram.

Paul Jones

Reaction score
Don't touch taco control wiring. Taco control can be wired two ways just heating and heating with dhw priority. Heating only #5 termials in series with a T wire from taco control. 7 to 9 can eithe r be jumped or add a 5 amp 24vac relay spst n.o. relay w to c from thermostat, I wired across tekmar 7 to 9. If system is using dhw take picture of boiler wiring diagram.
Thanks. I connected the xx on taco relay to 7 and 9 on tekmar, connected 5 and 6 on tekmar to unused tt terminals on aquastat to 5 and 6 on tekmar, seems to be working fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks