Tea Leaves

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
A fellow came down with a bad case of hemorrhoids and didn't know what to do. He talked it around among his friends in search of a cure.
"We always use tea leaves" said one of his friends, so the unfortunate gentleman gave it a try. He packed his butt-crack full of tea leaves and waddled around for a couple of days to no avail. The discomfort just got worse.

He finally bit the bullet and went to the doctor. Doctor says" Yep, you got a bad case of the piles. Stop by Walgreens and get yourself some ointment and suppositories. Things should be looking better in a couple of days. And, oh by the way, you're going on a long journey."

This is from an Elmore Leonard novel.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
quote; This is from an Elmore Leonard novel.

Whew. That's a relief. I thought this might be your own feeble misguided attempt at humor.

That's coming from someone who hasn't had a good laugh since Roosevelt was president.

Teddy Roosevelt.

Reach4

Reaction score
Hmm, this was not a funny joke. That , or I didn't get the punchline.
The point was that the friend wanted to use fortune telling techniques by reading the person's tea leaves, but the hemorrhoid sufferer misinterpreted..

I trust you did not do a spit-take after the reading the explanation.
6a00d83451b4ba69e2015437d9fb87970c-pi

Robbie_d

Reaction score
Hi Reach,
Oh I see, now.
The doctor reads tea leaves.
Ok, that deserves a chuckle.

Thank you

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
If the person had asked if he would find relief, that might have been better. That way he would be asking for a forecast.

CheesecakeLover

Reaction score
Hmmmm.

> Man: My pipe fitting is leaking.
> Friend: You should use dope.
> Man: I used dope, but now it's worse.
> Friend: Ok don't mess with it! I'll fix it for you. And by the way, here are some potato chips for your munchies.

It's "funny" because the friend intended to recommend pipe dope, which is something that makes sense to remedy the problem of a leaking pipe, but the man comically misunderstood and used marijuana.

Now let's look at an analog to the tea leaves "joke":

> Man: My pipe fitting is leaking.
> Friend: You should use elephants.
> Man: I used elephants, but now it's worse.
> Friend: Remember, "elephants never forget"!

This makes no sense because there is no relation between the problem (leaking pipe) and elephants.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "explanations" are getting worse than the original "joke", and making even less sense.

My pipe fitting is leaking even though I used pipe thread tape.
"Dope"
Isn't tape just as good?
I wasn't referring to the threads.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks