Tannin’s in water

Users who are viewing this thread

Joebine162

Reaction score
Hi, we just bought a property and it has old dug well, the water has yellowish tint that does not settle, I have a 5 micron sediment filter - water softener - carbon filter, we have had water test done should be getting results shortly and will post them. I have tried adding a drop of bleach in a cup of water and it does clear it up some but not completely. I was wondering if I could add anion resin to my water softener to try to remove yellow tint, if so which kind of resin should I get ? How much of cation resin should I remove to add anion resin? Thank you very much for your help

Bannerman

Reaction score
Most softeners are equipped with the appropriate quantity of resin for each tank size.

For example, the appropriate quantity of softening resin media a 10" X 54" tank is 1.5 cubic feet (48,000 grains total softening capacity). That quantity of resin will fill the tank to approx 2/3 tank height, as the remaining 1/3 empty space (Freeboard) is needed to provide sufficient space for the resin to expand and circulate (reclassify) during the backwash stage of each regeneration cycle. If additional media is added to the tank, thereby reducing/eliminating the 1/3 freeboard space, then the additional media will often be back washed out to drain during the first few backwash cycles.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks