Tankless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
Someone I know wants to get rid of their tankless system and go with a standard gas hot water heater. Do you just pull the coil on the burner and put a plate on it?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
coil

If it is an immersion coil, you don't have to do anything with it other than disconnect the piping. If it is a direct fired coil then you have to remove it, and seal its mounting opening.

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
Tankless

master plumber mark said:
I would like to hear more about this

from the person with the troubles..

what brand and what happenned

and why they are switching back

The boiler is an American Standard (very old), gas-fired forced hot water. He's running out of hot water and wants to install a 50 gallon gas-fired hot water heater. He will be replacing the boiler shortly. I suggested going with a storage tank (superstore) on a separate zone. No venting and they seem to work reasonably well. He wants to go with the separate h.w heater in case the boiler goes down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks