Tankless water heater tripped breaker

Users who are viewing this thread

mgabriel

Reaction score
This morning we woke up to no hot water. The control panel on the tankless water heater was dead. It had tripped the breaker. I flipped the breaker back on and it's working fine. We have had our tankless for 7 years and this is a first. Should I be concerned? What would cause this?

Model: Rinnai 75LS Propane outdoor unit

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Circuit breakers do wear out or fail sometimes.

Is there anything else on the same circuit? A gas-fired burner like that doesn't normally draw very much current, so something would have to be bad for it to trip unless the CB is getting weak/bad, or there's some other things on that circuit.

Has it been exceptionally cold? When mounted outside, most of those have sensors and logic to prevent freezing, but if something did freeze, when it tried to activate, I guess, it could produce a high load.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks