Tankless Water Heater recirc

Users who are viewing this thread

lzicc

Reaction score
I installed a gas tankless hot water heater to replace my electric tank heater. I am in the process of building a 800 SF additional on one side of the house. There will be a master bathroom in the addition. The hot water heater is about 50' from the shower which means it will take time to get the hot water to the shower.

I was going to install a recirculating pump for the hot water, but most if not all do not work with a tankless water heater. What other options are out there? This is a Rheem water heater and Rheem makes a recirculating pump for this model, but the pump will run every 30 minutes. I only want the pump to run in the evening during the week days and all day during the weekend. It is wire directly to the tankless water heater, so I don't have the option to put this on a timer.

I also thought about installing a point of use tankless water heater in the master bathroom inline with the current hot water line, but I am not sure how that would work. Once the hot water came from the main house water heater, would the point of use adjust so that the water temp would stay steady.

Reach4

Reaction score
I also thought about installing a point of use tankless water heater in the master bathroom inline with the current hot water line, but I am not sure how that would work. Once the hot water came from the main house water heater, would the point of use adjust so that the water temp would stay steady.
That is how it should work. Once the hot arrives, the little WH thermostat would turn off.

lzicc

Reaction score
I did find an recirculating pump for tankless water heater. It's about $400 though, but it would work and would be less hassle than installing a point of use heater.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks