Tankless Recirculating Loop

Users who are viewing this thread

WildWildMidwest

Reaction score
Sorry if I misunderstand your original problem which was stated: "it was taking just over a minute to get hot water out of the facets." I am not a plumber -- indeed just a homeowner trying to learn. But if your problem is purging cold water from hot water pipes, why not consider something like this.

I installed a CP6000 in my upstairs bathroom recently and I absolutely love it. At the press of a button the motor runs and draws up hot water, pushing the cooler water into cold water pipes. It saves me time every day and avoids wasted water. Another advantage: the kids fight over who gets to press the pump button at bath time instead of trying to avoid baths.

I think similar pumps are available in big box hardware stores and plumbing suppliers. I'm not sure about the quality differences. My CP600 runs pretty quietly in the cabinet under the sink but I wouldn't want to use it if somebody was sleeping 3 feet away. It took me about six hours to install -- mostly because of running AC lines & conduit under the sink; also, I soldered new double outlet valves onto my pipes. I expect the installation would have been much quicker if I just used the included adapters and didn't have to install a new AC outlet.

Hope that helps.

antonyupward

Reaction score
Chuck...I've got the same challenge...but I took a different root to try to solve it...perhaps some of the elements of my solution might also work for you...and / or you might have some suggestions on how to solve my problem.

Take a look at this thread I started...Tankless Recirculation - Redux

[EDIT Jan 28, 2012] ..and now I can report success... see Success

FYI...while the Grundfos system I've installed normally works on a timer, I've organized it so I push a button in the bathroom to turn the pump on and off (I used the X10 home automation system to do this)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks