Tankless or Tank Decision time

Users who are viewing this thread

CLH

Reaction score
That tankless unit is not a condensing model so the gas efficiency is rated at 81% as opposed to 90+%. Probably not a significant issue as your Texas incoming water temp maybe 75 degrees + so the temp rise and gas usage will not be as significant compared to 45 - 50 degree incoming.

It appears the 4.7 gpm flow rate is based on a 63-degree rise (in 57 - out 120) but as your water is likely much warmer, the supported flow rate will be higher, closer to the maximum 7.5 gpm that can flow through the heater while maintaining 120 F output.

Filling a tub for immediate use will not typically utilize 100% hot water, but will use a blend of hot and cold. The tub fill rate will likely be closer to the flow rate supported by the home's plumbing and tub faucet.
Thanks, for the reassurance on the tub filling.

CLH

Reaction score
so now the ultimate question, since I am the lay person, and googled this model, the only reviews are on Amazon and they are not encouraging, actually they are horrible. I know most reviews are negative and the people that are pleased don't bother to post. I would appreciate an honest evaluation.

CLH

Reaction score
I have the Manual J. Hopefully, this is what I need.
upload_2020-4-10_9-26-50.jpeg
upload_2020-4-10_9-26-50.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks