Tankless On Demand water heater for kitchen and bathroom sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

John Ross

Reaction score
I’m looking for a Tankless On Demand water heater for my kitchen sink to supply endless hot water. The unit would be mounted under the sink. The sink currently has hot water but it’s a long run of about 60 feet from the main hot water tank to the sink. This hot water tank will be replaced in a few months with a natural gas tankless water heater. I have 110 available with the option of running 220 if necessary. The unit would provide hot water for the sink and possibly the dishwasher.

I also need another unit for two side by side bathroom sinks. These sinks currently have hot water but it’s a long run of about 85 feet from the main hot water tank to the sink. The unit would be mounted under/between the sinks. This hot water tank will be replaced in a few months with a natural gas tankless water heater.

Thank you in advance for your help.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Unless it is a small tank type heater 120v is useless. For what you want, even a 6kw tankless might not supply the water you need. It would require a special "extremely low flow" aerator on the faucets basically 4 or 5 needle spray jets.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Electric tankless systems for a decent flow rate are IMHO, a joke. The only thing you have going for you is that in most parts of FL, the incoming water temperature is often fairly warm, so it doesn't have to raise it all that much. A NG fired one could work for your situation.

A hot water recirculation system would get you hot water nearly instantly from your tank. A small tank could also, and as long as it was sized properly, it would be okay until hot arrived from your main supply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks