Tankless lead is melted and charred

Users who are viewing this thread

PLandeck

Reaction score
One of the leads is charred (see pictures) and the unit is producing no heat. Unit is 11 kW Smart Spa Electric Spa Water Heater being used to heat a radient floor. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 20180107_130806.jpg
    20180107_130806.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 250
  • 20180107_130815.jpg
    20180107_130815.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 185

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect that screw on the terminal strip was not tightened enough. The arcing would generate heat. Maybe you should replace the terminal strip.

PLandeck

Reaction score
I suspect that screw on the terminal strip was not tightened enough. The arcing would generate heat. Maybe you should replace the terminal strip.
That is good news if you feel that's all it is...wouldn't be overloading the circuit or other?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A loose connection will act like a resister...as in resistance heater, so, yes, it will heat up if that connection is bad. If you're lucky, that may be all it needs is a little tender loving care.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks