Tankless goes lukewarm, Scratching my head... why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Toocutetofail

Reaction score
Hello,

I was trying to diagnose a tankless water heater problem as the water would turn hot to lukewarm after few seconds. In the process, I wanted to make sure there was no hot-cold water crossover from mixer valves at any of the fixtures. So I turned the valve off at the outlet of the TWH (tankless water heater), turned on the hot side of washroom tap, water comes out for a little while and then stops. That's good. There is no cross over. However, I repeated the process for main level taps. Kitchen tap and washroom tap does not stop running. I can't figure out how cold water is crossing over to hot side. I closed the valves on all the other mixer valve taps.

I do have a recirculation line on the TWH but I had the cold inlet valve off on the TWH so there is no way recirculation line is adding water to the hot side.

I am so confused.

I would really appreciate if anyone can suggest anything to try.

thank you

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is there a spray nozzle on the kitchen sink? Are the two that seem to be crossing over single handle faucets?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks