Tankless flushing with recirculating pump

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by dantankless, Dec 6, 2015.

1. dantankless

dantankless New Member

hi all I have a noritz tankless I'm trying to flush. I also have installed a hot water recirculating pump. Does having this pump make the flush method any different? I've noticed when trying that even after I close the shutoff valves, water continues to flow from somewhere. I'm wondering if the recirculating pump has something to do with this?

Thanks!!
    Dan

2. standardairconditioner

standardairconditioner HVAC'ker

I can tell you the Watts Instant Hot Water Recirculating System CANNOT be used with tankless water heaters.

http://media.wattswater.com/PF-IHWRS.pdf

You may want to contact your manufacturer to see if a similar prohibit exists.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    Without knowing how you plumbed the recirc line, impossible to tell. To just delime the heat exchanger, you'd need isolation valves on both the inlet and outlet of the unit to prevent it from trying to run into the whole plumbing system.

On some tankless systems, adding recirculation voids the warranty. On others, it must be done in a very specific manner, or it voids the warranty and can severely shorten the life of the unit.