Tankless Distance

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Installing a Rinnai. I'm pulling a 3" PVC pipe for the combustion exhaust. The unit is in the center of the basement and will come out slightly below grade. I'm going to use a snorkel to bring the termination above grade. But the area where I'm coming through is sorta close to OPENING windows. What is my tolerance with those windows with a tankless? I'm about 4-feet below the lowest point of a window and about 2-feet to offset from that. Can't find tolerances in the handbook.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Read this page.

Direct-Vent-Terminal-Clearance-Distances.jpg

Part of it depends on whether it's direct-vented or not. It makes a difference:

2. For non-direct vent applications such as the side-wall vent appliance shown earlier on this page, the required distance is much greater: 4 feet to the side or below the opening, or 1 foot above the opening.

So if you're fully 4' below the window at the output of your snorkel, it'll make it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks