tank wobbly and leaks when leaned on

Users who are viewing this thread

CindyE

Reaction score
We recently had a Toto Whitney toilet installed by a friend. I noticed the tank is wobbly compared to our previous toilet. We had no problem with leaks until I pushed down on the toilet tank and heard a spray of water. I am assuming the tank is not bolted down tight enough. Do we need to take the tank off and reinstall? Thanks for any help..

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
drake_sand_bolt3.jpg

We normally sand the inside of the tank first

drake_angle2.jpg

And then we tighten down the tank pretty well.
It may be that you just need to finish tightening the tank to the bowl.

RRW

Reaction score
When you say you heard a "spray", to me that sounds like a pressure part of the water supply is leaking. Maybe you have a hard line connecting the water supply to the tank rather than a flex line, and when you lean on the tank you are overstressing the connections of the hardline to either the tank or wall valve. Good luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks