Tank tee position

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by jdz, Dec 2, 2019.

1. jdz

jdz Member

Does it matter which way a tank tee is plumbed into the pressure tank? Typically the tee is plumbed in with the lower part of the “T” going into the pressure tank. Do to routing pipes, I was wondering if I could plumb it in with an end of the T Feeding the pressure tank, the top part of the “T”. Honestly, there doesn’t seem like there are very many times that using the tee as a T is the most practical way.

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    You can turn a tank cross anyway you want. The important part is the pressure switch must be as close to the pressure tank as possible. You could also use one of these and you would not need a tank cross and it will solve several other problems at the same time.

https://cyclestopvalves.com/pages/pk1a-pside-kick

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Usually the middle part of the tee goes to the pressure tank.

If is often the case that no special tank tee is needed.

You want a drain valve at or below the pressure tank to drain out sediment. A relieve valve, which I don't have, is good. How about a photo or sketch showing the input to the pressure tank, pressure gauge, valve shutting off water to the house, pipe from well.

5. jdz

jdz Member

Thanks for your help guys. I didn’t think it would matter, I just wanted to double check