Tall Sprinkler Hose spewing out water

Users who are viewing this thread

derbs

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently got my water bill and noticed an abnormally high $ amount. Yesterday, I was watching my sprinkler system run and noticed a larger hose just spewing out water. I looked around and didn't see anything that it looked like it connected to. There is also another sprinkler head to the right of it that has the same hose, however, that sprinkler head doesn't appear to be working. I have taken some photos below that I hope will help.

Left one is the one spewing out the water from the hose. right one doesn't work.
IMG_3641.JPG

IMG_3637.JPG

two hoses. i believe they're always just been laying on the ground like this.
IMG_3642.JPG

Thanks ahead of time!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
It's only typical maintenance that needs to be done every few months, at least in Florida, by checking your irrigation system. One of two things happened, the original sprinkler head (the barb fitting), blew off and it's in your neighbors yard. The funny pipe might have been capped off and that blew off. I have capped off a few pipes myself by bending the pipe over onto itself and then use a piece of PVC pipe, maybe a 1/2 long (cut to look like a ring) and place it over the hose to hold it in place. I would usually then use a plastic tie or black electrical tape and go around the pipe to hold it in the crimped position.

The one where water is not coming out of is because the open pipe is taking all of the water, or, because the way the pipe is laying on the ground, the open end might have been connected to the one not working with a straight barb connector. Follow the non working sprinkler funny pipe and you'll probably find the end with the connector on it.

What scares me is that electric wire going into the tree or up it?
upload_2017-5-29_12-5-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-29_12-5-3.png
    upload_2017-5-29_12-5-3.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 277
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks