Taking down a tree in the years with COVID

Users who are viewing this thread

Fitter30

Reaction score
Have 52 acres of red and white oak trees around the house call in a professional with insurance. I'm not taking a chance. In the woods don't care.

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
That is basically what my neighbour told me to do. Cut of the branches, leaving enough to serve as a ladder. Then take it down in sections from the top ... this reduces the area in which there are going to be falling tree sections. Don't cut it all the way through ... the remaining piece can serve as a hinge to help direct where the tree is going to fall. My tree looked like a sapling next to the ones in your picture ... taking one of those down is 100% the domain of the pro.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You may never know. In 1988 I was living and working in Cicero, NY, just outside of Syracuse. A co-worker of mine just had bought a resale home. About month living there one evening he heard a big thump that shook the ground. Looked outside and in his rear yard a tree had fallen. maybe 12 inches wide or more. Looking it over the trunk of the tree was cut almost all he way through at the ground level. Enough was left to hold the tree upright for who knows how long. Someone previous probably broke or jammed the chain saw and could not finish the fall. He was an extremely lucky that no one, especially his kids, were not in the yard at the time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks