Takagi TK 2 dripping

Users who are viewing this thread

Beach4me

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a Takagi TK2 that was professionally installed approx 6 years ago. It began to drip about 5 months ago. Now it is to the point that we have to turn the water off so that it can dry out before trying to use hot water again. Everything is wet including the wires. The warranty is out of date. We are trying to determine if we replace with another Takagi or move to another model which will be more expensive do to refitting everything.

Anyone have this same experience with Takagi or have a suggestion as to why it would leak?

Thanks for your help!!

howgag

Reaction score
If it's similar to a TK Jr., It's probably A leaking "O" ring, Which is easy to replace.I replaced all the "O" rings & the water control valve in my takagi TK.Jr. & it works fine now (no leaks). The valve cost me $135.00

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks