Takagi T-KJr2-IN-N Flames out

Users who are viewing this thread

C$$

Reaction score
If I wasn't already bald, this thing would have me pulling my hair out!

Turn on the hot water, the heater fires up. It makes it up to the desired temperature. Then suddenly, after a seemingly random amount of time, the flame goes out. The water gets cold (really wakes you up when you are in the shower), then it fires right up again and repeat.

The way it suddenly just stops and then fires right back up without problems makes me think it is a sensor / valve control issue.

Observations/what I've checked:
0) Fairly new install, about a year old, light use
1) The gas pressure is fine
2) Happens regardless of flow rate (tried at .8, 1.8, 2.6 gpm)
3) Tried bypassing thermal cutoff and thermal fuse, same problem

I see there are 5 valves on the gas manifold. One is the main valve, one is a proportional valve, but I don't know what the other 3 are. If one of those valves was bad, could that be the problem? (i.e. switching from a heatup to sustain mode, but sustain valve isn't opening -- if that's even how tankless heaters work).

I'm thankful for any input or suggestions. Have a wonderful day!

C$$

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks