Takagi T-K3 Ignition wire replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Gstahl

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Looking for a bit of help. Read through the other forum threads, got the Takagi service manual, and have a replacement ignitor. Question about how the high voltage ignition wire is attached. I suspect it is obvious, but I am missing it. I removed the old ignitor and "disconnected" the wire. I suspect it was a tight plug, but it seems it was something else as I got a stub of the wire out, and the cavity is filled with something. I cannot see exactly how, with the new ignitor, the wire should attach to the cavity.

Any help on this? I am sure I am missing something. Replacement wires look like they just have insulation to the end so not sure how they are to attach, and the service manual does not have anything on it.

Thanks in advance
Geoff

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
Because there's 5k voltage plus going through the wire with all the radiate heat from the burner always replace both and prefer the whole pilot assembly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks