TAC saltles conditioners on hauled water

Users who are viewing this thread

Bobhaul

Reaction score
Hello all, I've got a question about TAC conditioners. I know they do not remove Ca/Mg, I think I know how they are supposed to work, but do they actually work at reducing scale build up, if so is there a brand that works best?

I've got really hard water, ~500ppm=30 grain. I am also hauling this water, i.e. delivered or 500gal at a time on my trailer. I want to reduce scale build up to protect my appliances and pipes, and make cleaning fixtures and showers etc easier, but I don't love the waste water a salt based system uses. A Fleck system will cost me ~90 gal per regeneration, which will be required ~1800 gal, so I'm loosing 5% of my water right there.

Also I have an undersink RO system.

So is there a good solution here? Do TAC conditioners really reduce scale build up, or should I just eat the water lose associated with a salt system?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks