T plus 2 sealant on Fleck 5600sxt threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Pushc5

Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure T plus 2 is safe to use on the fittings coming out of the bypass valve to the rest of my plumbing, as well as the fitting for the drain lines (using 90 degree barbs). I know Teflon tape is a no-no with plastic fittings in general and T plus 2 seems to play nicely with a lot of things, just wanted to triple check though.

index.php

Bannerman

Reaction score
A thread sealant compound will not be required as Fleck rely on internal rubber O-rings for water-tight connections, not threaded fittings. Each O-ring should be lightly lubricated with a food grade silicone grease type lubricant when connections are made.

Pushc5

Reaction score
A thread sealant compound will not be required as Fleck rely on internal rubber O-rings for water-tight connections, not threaded fittings. Each O-ring should be lightly lubricated with a food grade silicone grease type lubricant when connections are made.
Ok so just put silicone grease on the connections to the the units and for the drain lines?

Reach4

Reaction score
Ok so just put silicone grease on the connections to the the units and for the drain lines?
I don't think so for the brine line. That is a tapered fitting, I think. I would use the PTFE and/or the dope you mentioned.

For the connections on the back, if those are NTP fittings, PTFE and/or the dope. If you see a washer/o-ring in whatever you are connecting, then yes, very light grease. What are you putting on there? Flex lines, or tapered threaded fittings?

Pushc5

Reaction score
I don't think so for the brine line. That is a tapered fitting, I think. I would use the PTFE and/or the dope you mentioned.

For the connections on the back, if those are NTP fittings, PTFE and/or the dope. If you see a washer/o-ring in whatever you are connecting, then yes, very light grease. What are you putting on there? Flex lines, or tapered threaded fittings?
I won’t be doing anything with the brine line. For the drain lines I got 90 degree barbed fittings to run to 3/4” pvc which will then run to my drain. I just wasn’t sure if where the 90 degree elbow screws into the valve if that should be doped or just silicone greased. I have the noryl yokes on the softener and carbon filter and plan on hard lining those using a screw on adapter run to 3/4” cpvc. I was looking to dope those as well with the t plus 2

Reach4

Reaction score
I won’t be doing anything with the brine line. For the drain lines I got 90 degree barbed fittings to run to 3/4” pvc which will then run to my drain. I just wasn’t sure if where the 90 degree elbow screws into the valve if that should be doped or just silicone greased.
It's low pressure. But a little tape or dope is ok there. No rubber ring or washer is there.

I have the noryl yokes on the softener and carbon filter and plan on hard lining those using a screw on adapter run to 3/4” cpvc. I was looking to dope those as well with the t plus 2
I agree. Careful to not cross-thread. I like to turn ccw until I feel the drop.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Too complex..

Standard Teflon for NPT threaded connection. Personally I like the Blue Monster tape.
O-rings, use Dow Release compound 7 or similar food grade o-ring lubricant.
Compression fittings (5800 Brine connection or 5810 Jaco fitting) no lube, dope, tape etc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks