System Pump Suddenly Louder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mage182

Reaction score
I have a Burnham Alpine 150 with a Taco 0014-F1 as the system pump on the primary loop as spec'd in the install manual. The pump is approximately 2 years old. In the past week or so the pump has become louder. It sounds like a buzzing that is consistent and is louder than all 4 Taco 007 zone pumps that I have combined when running.

I took the pump out and disassembled it thinking maybe something was stuck in it or that the cartridge in it had gone bad already but found nothing. No foreign matter or play in the impeller shaft.

Any other ideas on what would be causing the problem? I don't want to buy a $140 replacement cartridge if it isn't the answer.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
It could be the capacitor.

It might be worth testing.

It should be 14uf 250VAC.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

Mage182

Reaction score
I took the pump apart again. There was some scuzz clogging the fins of the impeller on one side causing the whole thing to be unbalanced when rotating. I cleaned it up and put it all back together. Now it runs pretty much silently.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I took the pump apart again. There was some scuzz clogging the fins of the impeller on one side causing the whole thing to be unbalanced when rotating. I cleaned it up and put it all back together. Now it runs pretty much silently.

Nice work.

It is great that you got it working properly.

Enjoy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks