Symmons Valve Rebuild

Users who are viewing this thread

Brono

Reaction score
Good evening & Happy New Year,

Our home had a Symmons shower valve installed when we moved in. It leaked a bit through the tub spout when off, and when the diverter was set to shower it bypassed a small stream to the tub spout as well. I ended up replacing the spindle, hot & cold seats, and the diverter valve. The shower turns off fine now but the diverter still leaks a bit when in shower mode. I cleaned everything with a wire brush and rinsed out everything as I removed the old parts, so I'm checking here to see if there is anything else that it could be. I'm hoping the valve body isn't compromised, but unsure.

Any advice is appreciated.
https://www.symmons.com/temptrol/parts/

Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Do you know the model number of your valve?
Kind of an odd recommendation on their web site.

symmons-plumber-recommened.jpg

Brono

Reaction score
Do you know the model number of your valve?
Kind of an odd recommendation on their web site.

symmons-plumber-recommened.jpg
I don't know the valve number unfortunately but the old entire assembly has a Symmons Model A printed on it. As for the hyperlink, I have no idea why that inserted. I did not add it on my initial post and it's there now. Unsure if that's what you were referencing.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks