Symmons Temptrol still leaks!

Users who are viewing this thread

tumbled

Reaction score
I replaced the cartridge assembly (TA10) and seats (TA4) on a leaking Symmons Temptrol shower faucet. Water (cold I believe) is leaking out of the center of the faucet control/spindle at a pretty good clip whether the faucet is turned on or off. I put a new cartridge (together with the new washer which came with it) and new hot and cold seats in but there is no change in the leak afterwards. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Is there anything I could have done wrong in installing the new cartridge & seats that would result in this? (I don't see any difference in the leak from before I replaced the parts and now). Thanks for any suggestions....

eddd7

Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer to this??

I replaced the cartridge assembly (TA10) and seats (TA4) on a leaking Symmons Temptrol shower faucet. Water (cold I believe) is leaking out of the center of the faucet control/spindle at a pretty good clip whether the faucet is turned on or off. I put a new cartridge (together with the new washer which came with it) and new hot and cold seats in but there is no change in the leak afterwards. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Is there anything I could have done wrong in installing the new cartridge & seats that would result in this? (I don't see any difference in the leak from before I replaced the parts and now). Thanks for any suggestions....

Did you ever get an answer to this?? This is my problem exactly. I can make it shut off if I turn the faucet knob of very hard/tight. The hot shuts off but the cold does not. I may try taking the old hot shut-off washer off my old spindle, as it is compressed from use and age, and would allow the cold shut-off washer to engage "sooner".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks