Symmonds Valve - Connections to shower

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by coopns, May 9, 2012.

1. coopns

coopns New Member

I am doing an outdoor shower, I have the shut offs in the basement. I have two copper pipes outside and I want to connect to symmonds valve. What are the connection types on the symmonds valve hot cold? Male to copper 1/2? Then I sweat the copper on to that fitting? Someone mentioned be careful sweating that on to the valve, is there a union or something that can bring me out a bit further to I don't overheat the valve?

Please advise.

2. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

plumber
    Last time i did a symmons valve it was sweat all around.
    You just take the valve apart n have at it. Never have much trouble with them.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement