Switching to wall hanging toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Davie

Reaction score
My old standard toilet was plumbed directly into my 4" cast iron soil stack, and I want to replace it with a hall hanging toilet. I've picked up a sigma duofix carrier for 2x4 walls from Geberit.

The old toilet was wet vented. This is the only toilet in the house. It's is on the second floor, and there are no are drains joining the stack above the toilet. There are two 1-1/2" vent pipes joining the stack above the toilet (from the kitchen sink and bathtub).

In order to maximize the space in the room, I'd rather use a wye and 1/8 bend than use a long sweep 90. The old plumbing worked great, and I'm wondering if this new situation will be noticibly different. Does this seem to be well vented?

I understand that Ontario code dictates the maximum distance to the vent, and I'm well within that. I wonder if there are any other considerations I am missing.

7.5.6.3(3) Location of Vent Pipes
A vent pipe that protects a water closet or any other fixture that also depends on siphonic action for its proper functioning shall be located so that the distance between the connections of the fixture drain to the fixture and the vent pipe shall not exceed, a) 1000mm in the vertical plane, and b) 3m in the horizontal plane

signal-2022-07-09-18-30-49-403.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It looks like you have about 39" on the vertical to work with.
Most codes don't mix kitchen sinks to mix with bath fixture on a wet vent, but at least you have a 4" line there. That's pretty darn big for that.

Davie

Reaction score
It looks like you have about 39" on the vertical to work with.
Most codes don't mix kitchen sinks to mix with bath fixture on a wet vent, but at least you have a 4" line there. That's pretty darn big for that.
Amazing. Thanks for your thoughts, Terry.

It's a 103 year old house, so there are a lot of aberrations, to be sure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks