Switch flapperless toilet to normal one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kihong Lee

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a flapperless toilet and inside of the toilet tank, there is a some kind of bucket in it as you can see the first attached picture. So I just decided to take it out and to replace it to normal flush valve with flapper.

But after I took it out, as you can see the second picture, realized the toilet bowl hole for flapper is something different. It is not circle-shaped. So I just couldn't install normal flush valve with flapper there because normal flapper is circle-shaped. Also, the hole which connected to the toilet tank flapper hole is, of course, is same shape, as you can see the picture.

So if I want normal flash valve with flapper, should I change whole toilet tank/bowl? Or there is flush valve with flapper which fits this kind of toilet tank?

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_20171209_151432.jpg
    IMG_20171209_151432.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,716
  • IMG_20171209_151514.jpg
    IMG_20171209_151514.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,150

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Yeah, just get the $99 Glacier Bay elongated at Home Depot. It works very well, and uses a flapper. It also has standard holes so you can replace the seat and guts (i.e. fill valve and 3" flush valve) with standard stuff in the future if you need to. The guts and seat look cheap, but they have lasted several years in heavy use in a friend's bar, so they work.

Kihong Lee

Reaction score
Appreciate your reply, @Reach4, @wjcandee.

I want to go back to flapper one because flapperless one doesn't provide enough water to flush toilet for me. So I just hoped that I could do it simply by taking the flapperless bucket thing out and install regular flapper set, but seems like I just can't because the shape of hole is different.

I'll see if I can raise water level any higher of flapperless one.. Just little more water in the bucket could make it any better, then I don't need to change whole toilet.

BTW, I'm glad that I found this site, lots of good posts to check out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks