Sweating in a new shower valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by quantum, Oct 26, 2004.

1. LonnythePlumber

LonnythePlumber Plumber, Contractor, Attorney

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
    Heat Fitting

I think the most common reason for DIY joint failure is that they heat the fitting instead of the pipe. We should heat the pipe and then move to the fitting. By the way, what does bump the donut mean? I don't have a tv and haven't seen SNL in 20 years.

2. quantum

quantum New Member

Yeah - I figure its a good skill to have for emergencies, so I'm planning to practice once I finish this small bathroom remodel. The other part of the problem was overheating.
    :eek:

3. quantum

quantum New Member

Ummm... it was part of "Weekend Update" and they were talking about Dick Cheney's ******* daughter. Basically, about 2 "parts" that when you try to fit them together.....well lets just say it was funnier on TV than my retelling here.
    ;)

4. LonnythePlumber

LonnythePlumber Plumber, Contractor, Attorney

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
    Oh

Goodness :rolleyes: