Swapping shower and toilet position

Users who are viewing this thread

Shajan

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I gutted our master bathroom with a builder grade neo angle shower. I feel that if I can swap the shower location with the toilet, I can have a bigger shower. I’m attaching a picture. Any suggestions on going about doing this will be helpful.
Thanks,

Attachments

• 9D45DD2D-1AD3-4A03-A3D1-C16E380411DE.jpeg
    9D45DD2D-1AD3-4A03-A3D1-C16E380411DE.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 359

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most anything is possible if you throw enough money at it.

Can't see enough to tell for sure, but it appears that your drain line for the tub is going down on the right, and the toilet on the left. The one on the left for the toilet would be at least a 3" pipe, but what is not visible, is what size the drain is on the right. It must be at least 3", or you need enough room to maintain at least 1/4"/foot slope to the toilet line after you've moved it over to the right. Keep in mind, it looks like maybe 6' or so, so that would put the line 1.5" higher, and keeping the elbow low enough might be tough. Note, when patching plywood, it works best if the patch covers two bays minimum so that the replacement piece is supported in three places...otherwise, it will just be hanging by the fasteners on either side of the joist bay with nothing in the middle.

Shajan

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Plumber69, wish you were in Long Island, NY.

Jadnashua, that’s the question. Whether it’s possible to do it at a low cost without much reconstruction. The toilet line is 3in and is about 1.5 feet from where it bends and goes down. The shower drain is 2in and goes to the right under the bedroom floor and then down.
I’m not worried about the plywood floor as I will be putting 3/4 inch Advantech plywood on top to reinforce the floor for tiles.
I was thinking of extending the toilet drain, connect it to the shower vent and closing out the current shower drain. Use a 3x3x2 y on the toilet extension to drain the shower. Feasible? I can attach more pictures if needed.
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks