Swap Price Pfister 7105 Cartridge with other Fixture cartridge???

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by kwbollinger, Jan 18, 2008.

  1. kwbollinger

    kwbollinger New Member

    Jan 18, 2008
    OK. I hope this makes sense. I have 2 showers and a tub that are all using a fixture that is marked as Price Pfizer 7105 on the valve casing. This unit has a knob that you pull out to start water flow and twist clockwise or counter clockwise to adjust water temp. The units are 12 years old and becoming harder to pull out and push back in! I figure I could replace the inner cartridge on all 3 and that would solve the problem ... but what I would really like to do is to replace the guts (cartridge) of the valve with another style cartridge that is not the pull out and twist knob type. Are there other cartridges that I could pull from a new fixture that would fit the 7105 valve case? ... I don't want to have to remove the 7105 unit & go through the hassle of the full install (open the wall, soldering in new pipe, etc.). Advice from the experts would be appreciated. :)
  2. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    NO.. You can replace your parts with new ones, same part. PP doesn't make any valves with the pull-out cartridge any more. Parts are very unique and specific, not interchangeable
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. kwbollinger

    kwbollinger New Member

    Jan 18, 2008
    Thanks. I did some more checking and believe that the valve I have is the Series 09 and uses 974-292 cartridge. Now PP indicates that it was also available with a lever instead of a knob for use by someone with a handicap.

    Does anyone know if after I replace the cartridge, rather than using the knob as the pull handle I could install a lever? Was there a difference between the knob version of the 09 Series faucet vs. the one that came with a lever? The lever would be easier for my mother-in-law to use.

  5. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    The insides are the same, the handle is the only difference.
  6. raff98

    raff98 New Member

    Mar 1, 2008
    How to replace Pfizer "guts"

    I am remodeling my shower, and have the ability to replace the cartridge. It would be real pain to completely replace the faucet, so I am just trying to replace the guts.

    I have unscrewed the chrome cap, but cannot get the black plastic cartridge out. (tried pulling, twisting) Any ideas? Also, any ideas where to get parts?


Similar Threads: Swap Price
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Symmons shower swap out option May 15, 2015
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Price Pfister Avante push pull shower Sep 11, 2017
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Price pfister faucet - handle removal Aug 3, 2017
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Moen 1225, Identifying cartridge for a price pfister circa 1976 Jul 30, 2017
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog 3 Handle Price Pfister Diverter help! Apr 28, 2017

Share This Page