Swanstone wall seam failing

Users who are viewing this thread

MrsZ

Reaction score
We have a 3 piece swanstone shower surround there are two 'L" shapes at the front and back then a side panel that overlaps the L pieces. The overlap closes to the shower is pulling apart. It's secure at top and bottom but the middle is pulling open and I can see the pressure tape that was used in installation. Can this be repaired? My initial thought was to clean out any adhesive, apply silicone, brace it for 24 hours and hope for the best then caulk the seam. But seeing that pressure tape has me uncertain on what to try. Thanks

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Your walls or floor are not stable enough and the corners may not be square. As the house walls move from season to season the shower surround is attached to it so it moves the surround panels with it. The panels are glued to the walls so any movement, the panel moves. Movement, I mean maybe only an 1/8 of an inch plus the extra moisture from the summer weather and shower use. Really can't say what the best fix would be.

https://abgprdcdn-swan.azureedge.ne...tion-guide-1960719.pdf?v=1&d=20190917T174217Z

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks