Survivors, Victim's Family Sue Furnace Installation Company

Users who are viewing this thread

XR4ti

Reaction score
Back in November, the whole house was leveled by a huge explosion. Focus turned immediately to the HVAC contractor since the furnace was replaced days before. The lawsuit photos show the drip leg was disconnected, and laying on the ground. Wonder if that worked itself loose, or was left off completely?

http://www.channel3000.com/news/26483780/detail.html

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I can't imaging a furnace being used with the drip leg "off" and laying on the floor.
Someone would have smelled the gas, and it wouldn't have taken "days" for an explosion to happen.

XR4ti

Reaction score
I can't imaging a furnace being used with the drip leg "off" and laying on the floor.
Someone would have smelled the gas, and it wouldn't have taken "days" for an explosion to happen.

That's what I thought. One person was killed, he was a friend of the homeowners, and was living in the BASEMENT at the time. So, yeah, it is hard to imagine.

XR4ti

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks