Supporting 45-deg run

Users who are viewing this thread

DavidTu

Reaction score
Attached below is a pic of the last few feet of my plumbing project. First, note that except for the 2" line from Kitchen all is 4" cast iron. My question is where do I need to support the runs of 4" cast iron?

There will be straps supporting from above at Points A & B (on both of parallel pipes), point C, and point E is of course supported from below by the pipe in the foundation. So is that sufficient? I think it would be for a vertical run... not for a horizontal run... but this is somewhere in-between at 45-degrees. (The requirement to support both sides of every connection only applies to true horizontal pipe runs, right?)

Do I need to add support at the Y's? Along the 3' section of 45-deg pipe? At any of the truly vertical segments (below B, or at D)?
(NOTE: the horizontal pipe runs up above are supported every 3' - 4', not shown)

Plumbing End-run.jpg

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks