Supply Lines through Floor for Clawfoot

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by bjmifsud, Feb 18, 2019.

1. bjmifsud

bjmifsud New Member

Hi All,

My plumber roughed-in supply and drain lines in our crawlspace for a claw foot tub. We've had the floor tiled and I'm now drilling through the marble to locate supply.

I have the location for the supply lines now marked on the floor. We are installing hot and cold shut-offs right above the floor in case any leaks ever develop.

Anyhow, the Kingston Brass shutoffs are set up for 1/2" NPT on their inlets. Supplied with the shutoffs are 2 1/4" long NPT to NPS adapters. These adapters are 2 1/4" long. My floor thickness is 2 1/2"

Where can I get longer npt to nps adapters?
    Is the NPS side of the adapter meant to be connected to the PEX via Compression fitting?
    The barbed connectors I see don't give me a warm and fuzzy, especially for the hot water side.. I'm concerned it could soften and come loose.

2. Marlinman

Marlinman Member

You can use a centerset faucet extention.

[​IMG]

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. bjmifsud

bjmifsud New Member

Hi Marlinman,
    I figured somebody made the parts needed. So this is straight thread NPS Male and Female?

Can Pex be connected directly to the NPS using compression fittings like this:
    [​IMG]