Supply Lines through Floor for Clawfoot

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjmifsud

Reaction score
Hi All,

My plumber roughed-in supply and drain lines in our crawlspace for a claw foot tub. We've had the floor tiled and I'm now drilling through the marble to locate supply.

I have the location for the supply lines now marked on the floor. We are installing hot and cold shut-offs right above the floor in case any leaks ever develop.

Anyhow, the Kingston Brass shutoffs are set up for 1/2" NPT on their inlets. Supplied with the shutoffs are 2 1/4" long NPT to NPS adapters. These adapters are 2 1/4" long. My floor thickness is 2 1/2"

Where can I get longer npt to nps adapters?
Is the NPS side of the adapter meant to be connected to the PEX via Compression fitting?
The barbed connectors I see don't give me a warm and fuzzy, especially for the hot water side.. I'm concerned it could soften and come loose.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can use a centerset faucet extention.

cbcf4fd73c9d121a89f3fcf181c6813c.jpg

Bjmifsud

Reaction score
Hi Marlinman,
I figured somebody made the parts needed. So this is straight thread NPS Male and Female?

Can Pex be connected directly to the NPS using compression fittings like this:
1016874-2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks