Supplemental pump

Users who are viewing this thread

rbrtferry

Reaction score
Recently our well pump...down around 400 feet began to slow down and now only gives us 20 psi and runs all the time. I know it needs replacement but could I temporarily add another pump at the end to assist the water up to the top? I know of people with low pressure from city water and have had to do the same thing. I would probably connect it to the pressure switch ensuring they both kick on and off at the same time. :D

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have either a failed pump or a failed pipe from the pump to the tank. Someone with a clamp-on ammeter could determine which it is: Low amps means failed pump; high amps means failed pipe.

Adding a pump will not be a satisfactory fix because either the pump or the pipe will get worse. In the meantime it would cost you a lot of money for a new pump and a lot of money for electricity to run the bad pump in the well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks