Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
sd-5171-04.jpg

5171 150th Place SE, Bellevue WA 98006
In the 80's I was building some homes in the area. This one had South facing glass with Heat Mirror which kept the radiant heat in. The sun room had an insulated concrete with tile floor that was meant to retain the heat from the day and radiate it out at night. Back in those days everyone else was using 2x4 exterior walls. I was building with 2x6 and using Tyvek as a house wrap.

sd-5171-01.jpg

sd-5171-02.jpg

sd-5171-03.jpg

The hot tub on the deck, facing the greenbelt.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
hilltop-04.jpg

During construction in 1985.

hilltop-01.jpg

With my brother James from Arlington VA and his wife Manoe at the home next door to the one above. I built two side by side just below Hilltop in Bellevue.

hilltop-03.jpg

hilltop-05.jpg

My brother Randy with white shirt and tie.

hilltop-06.jpg

I had the beard while I was building these. I looked so young otherwise I was having trouble with subs wanting fistfights with me because they thought I looked too young to be doing this. Crazy but true. I don't think people understand what goes through guys heads on construction sites. They fight over electrical outlets, boom box music, where they park on site, who gets to work where and when and I found out even if they are jealous that you're the one with the project and not them.
I offered to fight him with gloves, because my brothers and I did that all the time. He wasn't a fun guy though and thought that wasn't what he was hoping for. Funny guy. He was the guy doing trim on the home. And no, he didn't work on the next ones.

hilltop-07.jpg

Last edited:

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
I've been curious, what does " IN THE TRADES" mean. I've noticed a lot of people have it under their names.

I think it's whatever Terry fills in to blank profiles (which I've never bothered to edit) when he's not sure what the person actually does for a living when they seem to know something about building stuff. While I haven't made my living in construction for over 30 years, I've been around.

He somehow conjured up a nearly appropriate avatar picture for me too, though most of my skiing is off-piste in free-heels on glorified cross-country bindings (except on race courses, that is. :eek:)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
"In the Trades" has more permissions on the forums. It adds a normally hidden one where we can post things not normally seen by everyone.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
15247-sun--design-01.jpg

15247 NE 6th St, Bellevue WA

15243-sun-design-41.jpg

15243 NE 6th Street, Bellevue

15243-sun-design-40.jpg

15243-sun-design-36.jpg

15243-sun-design-34.jpg

15243-sun-design-15.jpg

Here I am connecting to the city sewer line.

15243-sun-design-11.jpg

My father Melvin Love came out a few times to give me a hand.

15243-sun-design-10.jpg

terry-ranch-01.jpg

Terry Love working on a deck, Mattawa Washington.

crossroads-33.jpg

15247 NE 6th St, Bellevue

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks