Sump running frequently after heavy rain

Users who are viewing this thread

Wetman5

Reaction score
Sump running frequently (every 3 min)for a few days after heavy rain

check valves r working fine. Landscape grading slope is fine. Discharge is fine. Gutters r ok.

I have a pump rated for 30’ head and I have a 10’basement with 5 x90 Deg 1.5” elbows before discharge.

basin is perforated in bottom and I can see groundwater coming in fast. Not much water coming in via drain tile connection after rain stopped.

soil is heavy clay.

is everything ok? Seems like pump running too often but maybe not?

Reach4

Reaction score
1. You might want to review the gutters, and see where that rain goes. Try to get it away from the house.
2. How long does the pump run each time? You might be better with a smaller pump.
3. A bigger sump would let you go longer between runs. People very seldom make their sumps bigger.

So anyway, sounds normal... but try to route the water elsewhere if that is practical.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks